Here are some other answered prayers:
- Andrea, Drew's cousin, set up a prayer event for Monday (9/24) on Facebook titled "Healing for Heather." We have really felt the numerous prayers. On Monday, God orchestrated the appointment at MD Anderson and even the specific words used by the physician to make it extremely clear where he wanted my treatment. Also, we feel so comfortable with the treatment plan and our local oncologist's expertise based on the MD Anderson appointment. This has added to our peace and strength to continue in beating this cancer. Prayer Answered
- Immediately after my diagnosis, I was very concerned about being a burden on Drew, and him missing some work to go to a lot of initial appointments. His manager and team has been AMAZING. They told him to focus on taking care of me and not to worry about work. Of course, he is still going to be an extremely dedicated and diligent employee as he has always been, but a huge burden has been lifted. He doesn't have to worry about needing to take off of work for all of these initial appointments. Prayer Answered
- I had an MRI of the brain and lumbar region on Saturday to rule out some things based on some symptoms I have been having. The results showed the brain is clear of tumors and the lumbar region also looked great (other than some early arthritic changes). Prayer Answered
- Lastly, Drew and I just have an extreme sense of peace about everything. This type of peace can only come from prayers being answered in my opinion. This is an extremely scary thing we are going through, and I know the road ahead will be extremely tough. However, we are dealing with each day as it comes, trying not to worry about the future. God has given us so much peace. Mathew 6: 25-31 says,
31"So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Thank you again for your continued prayers. Here are our current prayer requests:
- That things feel as normal as possible to Luke and Abbey. Luke knows something is wrong with me and he is the sweetest little guy ever! He has been loving on me extra hard and asks me each day if my boo boo is getting better. He has even offered his words of encouragement, showing me his "boo-boos" that were once big but are getting smaller and smaller each day.
- That the port-placement surgery goes extremely well and I have no sedation issues.
- That my body tolerates the chemotherapy well and that it is extremely effective in ridding my body of the cancer. (Basically, prayers for complete healing).
- I have been broken out in hives since the day following my PET/CT scan last week (Wednesday). Perhaps I am allergic to the contrast. So, I have been itching continuously since then. I am taking benadryl as often as I am allowed, but they have not yet gone away. Also, I found out that hives are a pretty common side affect of chemotherapy. So, I ask for prayers that these hives go away and don't come back!
Love you all!