Tuesday, 1/29: Labs at 1pm. If my white blood count is low, receive a neupogen injection.
Wednesday, 1/30: Appointment with oncologist at 9:15am, followed by labs and then hopefully my last chemo! (My last chemo was actually on Friday, 2/1/13, due to low wbc on the previous days of the week)
Monday, 2/4: PET/CT at 9am--this imaging study will show any cancer remaining in my body--hopefully it shows none!!!!!
Friday, 2/8: AM: Labs to ensure by blood counts are high enough for surgery on Monday, 2/11
12:15pm: Pre-operative appointment with my breast surgeon. We will have lots of questions here, because Drew and I really don't know at this point what to expect from the surgery.
Monday, 2/11: 8:45am, left mastectomy (This is scheduled for less than 2 weeks after my last chemo. Our original goal was to have surgery around 2.5-3 weeks following my last chemo to give my body plenty of time for healing from chemo. But, there wasn't a date available in that range). Updated! My surgery is now scheduled for Wednesday, 2/13. Updated Again--My surgery is currently scheduled for 2/27.
Tuesday, 2/19: Post-operative appointment with breast surgeon
When I receive my pathology results from the surgery, I will know whether I will need to complete two additional rounds of AC chemotherapy before moving into 33 radiation treatments. I should begin radiation treatments 4-6 weeks following my mastectomy.
We would appreciate your continued prayers:
- Please pray that God provides all of the physicians wisdom and guidance in treating me.
- Please pray I can receive my chemotherapy on schedule this coming week.
- Please pray that all of my blood counts look great following my last chemo. My body needs to be well going into surgery.
- Please pray that the surgery goes well and that I heal well from it.
- Lastly, please pray for miraculous healing--that I will be completely healed from this cancer and that it will never return to my body again!