1. What movie deserves a sequel? D--"The Incredibles"; H--:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "World War Z" (although I think there may be a sequel coming for the latter)
2. What one toy would you like to throw repeatedly at a brick wall? H- Ha, there are none that I would like to throw at a brick wall, but some that are quite annoying. Luke has a race track that is large, you have to put it together every time Luke wants to play with it (and then disassemble it and put it away when done), calls out the winner extremely loudly (no volume control of course) and sends the metal cars racing into our baseboards (leaving marks on them of course). It really is a fun toy, but can be a pain for mommy.
3. What is one thing a woman should never do? D--Grow a beard H: be more concerned with what people think of her looks, than her heart
4. Who would you hate to see naked? H-ummm...never thought about this one, and thinking about it now is making me a little sick.
5. What is your favorite kind of cereal? H--my homemade chocolate peanut butter granola--I eat it err-day. D--homemade granola
6. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? H--Trampoline D--Jet Fire Transformer
7. If you were in a witness protection program, what would be your alias? H- I would go for something fairly generic, like Amy Allen, or Bethany Brown. D--Jeven Jackson
8. What is the nicest thing someone else has done for you? H-Cooked meals for our family and brought them to us when I was going through chemo--it truly is a sacrifice knowing they have busy lives and also families and small children to feed. Also, Drew's massages are very sacrificial and also healing--such a sweet act of service. Oh--one more--when Drew's parents have come up to help us move, watch the kids so we can have a night out or watch them while I had chemo (so Drew could work). I'm just so thankful for so many nice things people do for me regularly. D--Heather cooks me nutritious meals and snacks every day.
9. Where do you not mind waiting? H--Honestly, this may sound weird, but I don't mind waiting at the doctor's office (when I am without the kiddos). I consider it relaxing, since I am all by myself without the kids to take care of, even if just for a little while. Also, I catch up on what is going on in the entertainment and health/fitness world by reading the waiting room magazines. D---anyplace that I am without the kids and am not needed elsewhere. H--Actually, I ditto Drew's answer.
10. What is your favorite potato chip flavor? D--sea salt vinegar or sea salt black pepper. H---I am not a chip person--but I do like tortilla chips (organic, non-gmo) with homemade black bean, corn, mango salsa
11. If you could project yourself into the past, were would you go? H--I would go back to the 1940's or 50's. Life seemed to be much more simple back then. D--I would go back to when Apple stock was super low and buy a ton of shares (around 1999 or so)
12. What is your most impressive car repair skill? H--nothing too exciting---changed some fuses and changed flat tires. D--I change my own oil regularly....that's about it.
13. What is the best sports stadium/arena you have been to? D--the Horseshoe (Ohio State Football stadium). H--The old Dallas Cowboys football stadium.
14. If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you want to see on television? D--Something I have already seen so I can take a nap; H--a cheesy chick flick that I could watch while Drew is napping (not happening any other time--ha!)
15. What historical figure would you most like to have a discussion with? H--Paul (from the Bible); I would love to hear his vivid description of his conversion, as well as life before and after it. I bet he has so many interesting stories to tell that were never documented.
16. If you could close one fast food chain, due to disgusting food, what would you pick? no brainer here, but I pick 3: H: McDonald's, Wendy's, and Kentucky Fried Chicken (barf) D--I'll pick 3 too: McDonald's, Taco Bell and Long John Silver's.
17. What is one thing you refuse to share? H--my chocolate peanut butter granola when there is just a little bit left in the storage container. D--my underwear
18. If you could be on the cover of any magazine, what would you choose? D--Sports Illustrated H--some Health and Fitness magazine
19. What makes you really sleepy? H--watching golf on a rainy Sunday afternoon D- driving to Tulsa, OK (about 7 hours or so) at 2pm on a sunny day.
20. What do people do too much of today? H--too much sitting and also eating unhealthful, processed foods D--look at their smartphones
21. What is the most inspiring movie you have ever seen? H--"Click"--ha! at one time after seeing that I actually said it was "life changing". After watching it years later though it was a little more cheesy, but still has a good message.
22. What household chore have you never done? H--I am pretty sure I have done them all! D--I have never cooked an entire meal for our family. I have helped before, but never prepared it all by myself.
23. How do you like to relax? H--This is hard for me to do. But, I would say I find it relaxing to be away from the home by myself to shop or just hang out at home and watch a cheesy movie all by myself. (Alone time is very, very rare for me). Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my family, but caring for a 5 year old and 3 year old all day every day with only breaks when Drew is home and I am working out is not "relaxing." D--playing golf or basketball
24. In what part of the world would you hate to be by yourself? H--Afghanistan; D-I haven't been to enough places to know.
25. To what would you like to devote more time? H--more time in God's Word and in prayer. D--serving others
26. What is the scariest scene you remember from a kid's movie? H-In "My Girl" when Thomas Jay climbs up into the tree and gets stung by hundreds of bees-to which he has a major allergy--and dies. Awful!!!
27. If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? H--Fast Food D--Pesticides H--Actually, Drew's is great, I ditto that and factory farming.
28. What is the greatest pain you have ever suffered? H--ummmm, probably a toss up between Labor pains and the bone marrow biopsy. D--emotionally, Heather's cancer diagnosis
29. If you could buy one object to complete your home, what would it be? H--a vintage velvet loveseat for our our formal living room, that I want to make into a fun, comfy reading room.
30. What was your favorite childhood game? H--I loved playing backyard volleyball and softball with my extended family and friends D--playing Uno with my Grandpa
31. If fat, calories, cholesterol, etc were not an issue, what two foods would you feast on? D and H--Chocolate (especially homemade mocha fudge torte) and H--House Pizzeria Pizza! D--also Taylor's Gold Pears
32. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be? H--The Huxtables D--Not really a family, but I would choose to be one of the "Friends."
33. What is your favorite movie line or scene? D-In "The Natural" at the end when the main character hits a home run and breaks the lights.
34. Do you have a place where you would like to go and think? If so, where? D---Golf Course H--I love taking a long bike ride by myself--lots of peaceful time in nature thinking and praying
35. What profession have you always admired? H--teachers---now as Homeschool teacher of my 2 kids, I admire those teachers even more. What a tough, yet very important job! D--surgeon